CLOSED-Request for Information ITD-170028: Collaboration and/or Partnership between the City of Seattle and Private Sector Entities for Wireless Services and Potential Smart Cities Deployments, Including in Low-Income Districts, and ParksOriginal Date Posted: January 30, 2017 7:57 am
CITY OF SEATTLE
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Project: COLLABORATION AND/OR PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN THE CITY OF SEATTLE AND PRIVATE SECTOR ENTITIES FOR WIRELESS SERVICES AND POTENTIAL SMART CITIES DEPLOYMENTS, INCLUDING IN LOW-INCOME DISTRICTS AND PARKS
The City of Seattle, Washington (“the City”) issues this Request for Information (RFI) to gauge the interest of for-profit and non-profit entities in forming collaborations or partnerships with the City to enable the deployment of wireless services in Seattle. The City is seeking ideas from the private sector with regard to ways that public and private sectors can work together, with the City as facilitator, enabler, and potential partner to the private sector, in deploying wireless network infrastructure to support key goals.
In addition to both competitors and incumbents of the communications industry, the City seeks responses from a wide range of non-traditional entities that may be interested in this initiative, including such potential respondents as:
- Companies involved in the emerging Smart Cities ecosystem, including solutions providers and manufacturers
- Companies involved in the emerging drone and aerial vehicle ecosystems
- Non-profit organizations
- Local businesses, including those in the technology sector that have expertise to lend and a stake in the benefits that ubiquitous broadband offers, such as workforce preparation, or that see wireless service to lower income parts of the community as a mission worth supporting
- Manufacturers of relevant equipment, including of network equipment and of the physical housing and platforms for wireless services
- Nontraditional wireless providers (e.g., technology companies, technology integrators, software providers, and engineering companies)
- Public cooperatives
Final RFI submissions must be received in electronic form by 2:00 PM PT on 02/28/17. Please send the RFI response by email in PDF format to Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org. If your proposal contains information that is exempt under the State of Washington’s Public Records Act, please provide an additional redacted PDF.
Any questions regarding the RFI may be submitted to: email@example.com or phone: 206-684-5962.
Addendum Q&A: 02/02/2017
Addendum Q&A: 02/08/2017
Addendum Q&A: 02/09/2017
Addendum Q&A: 02/17/2017
Posted under History/Archives categories