CLOSED-IT Project Quality Assurance (QA) Services Solicitation# SCL-13057 – AOriginal Date Posted: July 1, 2014 3:18 pm
THE CITY OF SEATTLE
SEATTLE CITY LIGHT DEPARTMENT
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
IT Project Quality Assurance (QA) Services
Solicitation# SCL-13057 – A
The City of Seattle, Seattle City Light Department (SCL), seeks to engage a consultant to provide Quality Assurance (QA) services for their Enterprise GIS Program. Major responsibilities include; on-going review and assessment of the relevant project activities, processes and deliverables to help the City identify problems and issues in order to reduce risks to ensure program success.
SCL is seeking qualified firms to provide the following:
• Review all significant project work plans, correspondence, deliverables, documents, and attend key project meetings and interview project, user and stake holder personnel to observe and understand project activities, issues and risks.
• Communicate findings, conclusions and recommendations to the Program Manager, Program Steering Committee and others as required and identified.
• Attend selected key project team meetings as well as other management and steering committee meetings.
• Conduct one-on-one interviews with project staff as well as the business users to assess progress, issues and risks.
• Review and constructively critique draft key project deliverables and make recommended improvements based on best practices.
• Report any issues, observations and recommendations to the Program Manager for discussion, resolution and management. This includes personnel related issues, including adequacy of SCL Project staff.
The term of the contract shall extend from the date of execution by the Superintendent of Seattle City Light, or designee, through December 31, 2018. City Light has identified a budget for this project but estimates the contract to be $640,000.00.
SCL, may at its option amend the original contract for scope, time, and funding, subject to the continuing appropriation authority by the Seattle City Council.
OBTAINING RFQ DOCUMENTS: Documents are available online at http://www.ebidexchange.com/seattle. Consultants must complete a free registration prior to viewing, printing and saving to their own equipment at no cost, or ordering full or partial document sets and/or CDs through the Web site. For help using this site, or to order documents if you are unable to access the Web site, please call eBid Systems at 206-855-8430 or toll-free at 1-888-291-8430. Free internet access to obtain these documents is available at Seattle Neighborhood Service Centers and most public libraries.
Proposals, one (1) original unbound, six (6) bound copies and one (1) electronic CD copy of the response must be delivered by 3:00pm PDT on July 30, 2014, to the address below:
Seattle City Light
Procurement & Contracting Division
700 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3200
Seattle, WA 98104-5031
Attention: David McLean, SMT 3004
The City’s proposed schedule is outlined in the RFQ.
The contract that is awarded as a result of this RFQ will be awarded in a manner that will comply with all applicable laws of the United States, State of Washington, the City Charter, and Ordinances of the City of Seattle.
“WOMEN AND MINORITY AFFIRMATIVE EFFORTS REQUIREMENTS: All proposals are required to meet the Affirmative Efforts requirements as specified in the RFQ/RFP. An Outreach Plan will be required for the top rated consultant(s).”
Posted under History/Archives categories